Monday, January 17, 2011

The Start of Something Magical

    In just a short time( 34 days to be exact!) I will be leaving Jonesboro and arriving in a very magical place, Orlando! It is still so hard for to begin to wrap my mind around what I am about to dive into. I want to share with you how this whole journey began and what's about to take place in my life.
   When I was moving into my dorm my very first day of college, one of the guys that was helping me move in told me that he took a semester off from school and did the Disney Internship. He actually drove one of the big buses around LOL! From that moment on I just knew that I had to take advantage of this amazing opportunity. After all this is a once in a lifetime chance!!
  During my third semester at The University of West Georgia, I just knew that God did not want me there anymore. It was a strange feeling to try and describe to people, but I was confident that God had a bigger plan that I ever could have dreamed of. I also should add that during my senior year of high school, I never had a settling feeling on what I wanted to do with my life career wise. I remember one Sunday during the invitation my heart began to beat really fast and my hands were all sweaty ( gross I know!) and I remember thinking " God I know I am saved. What's happening to me?'' And all of the sudden God revealed to me that He was calling me into the ministry. It is such a divine calling! Also, during different times in our lives God revealed to my mom and I that we are supposed to start a purity ministry, which is most definitely needed in our world today.
  I am beyond thankful and blessed that God is allowing me to partake in such an incredible experience! Even though Disney World is not a Christian-based environment, I pray that I may have an impact on WDW for the Kingdom of God. I also ask that you may pray for me as I am away in Orlando. I am still having a hard time dealing with not being able to see my family and my FBCJ family! However, God has blessed me with my family as well as my church family for the past 19 years and for that I am eternally grateful!

Proverbs 16:9
 " The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."

Love always,
   Molly

2 comments:

  1. Molly...this is SO sweet! You are so wise at 19...so much wiser than I could have ever hoped to be at your age! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! I look for to your experience at Disney and to all the many roads that God has planned for you to take! I love you to the sky and back!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete