Friday, June 17, 2011

Each Sunrise Brings A New Light

I woke up very early this morning, 5:15 to be exact :). Today was the big auditions for an opportunity to be in Entertainment and possibly become Cinderella. One I arrived to auditions I just remembered to breath( that's all I could do this morning lol. I was just a bit nervous!) Once I got through the sea of people it was time to get my number, 74. The best way I can describe the auditions is it's kinda like American Idol. Everyone was pushed into an area and lots of people were stretching and giving everyone else "the evil eye" and sizing up their competition. We were all broken up into groups of about 50 or 60 people. I was in the second grouping, so I had a little time to chill before the true audition started. Once my group's time came we were all ushered into a dance studio type room with mirrors all around. We were then taught a quick dance  and then asked to perform it in groups of 4.There was really no time to practice, just kind of go with it mentality. Once everyone had gone we were then moved into another waiting room to find out who made the first cut. After about 15 minutes of torture, a woman came out and began calling numbers......61.67,68,70,88.......my heart began to immediately sink. My number was skipped over, but still being hopeful I was thinking maybe that's a good thing, right? The remaining people who were left after the numbers were called went into yet another room. Once we were all in the room the conversation started out by asking us if we had a fun time today. Of course everyone was yelling and screaming with joy! Then the woman said, "Well I hate the be a downer, but unfortunately yall have been cut from the auditions this morning. " I wanted to just sit down right there and begin crying my eyes out. My dream was crushed!
After getting out I called my parents and we had a good crying fest. Sometimes you just need a good cry to get everything out.  Even though the pain right now is very sharp and it hurts very badly, I know there will be something positive that will come from this. God has so many wonderful plans for our lives and this may not be what God wants for me. He may have something so much more grander for my life! "All of my life, in every season, You are God and I have a reason to sing." -Desert Song, Hillsong.

No comments:

Post a Comment