Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Draw Me Nearer Lord

As I am sitting here on my laptop reflecting on my day, the song Kindness by Chris Tomlin came on my pandora. I have heard this song many times before tonight, but tonight it spoke louder to me than it ever has before. Its truly amazing how God uses things exactly when you need them in your life. There is a prayer at the end of the song that I would like to share with you. It is very touching and something I pray that I'll take it one in my own life. I believe God uses music to draw us nearer to Him in times that we desperately need Him and tonight He used this song to touch my life, SO AMAZING. Praise God!
[Prayer]
Lord,
We stand here,
As the desperate people
Hungry for the things of You
Come quiet the storms,
That rage all around us
So that we hear
The passion that
Beats through your heart
Spirit put healing in our hands
Put life in our words
And drive a passion
For the lost deep
In the hearts of your people
Inhabit the praises of us
Through children
And father send us out

With a reckless passion
Deliver us from evil
And set a standard of unity
To break down laws
And to heal Your people
Unity is the cry of your church, Lord
Reconcile the children to the fathers
And with forgiveness and mercy
Rush through the hearts of our land
We cry out our deep need for You, Jesus
Oh God come in power
And bring glory to Your name

No comments:

Post a Comment